Thursday, October 05, 2006

How Am I Not Home?

OK. I'll come right out and admit it. I don't have a day job. Haven't had one for about a year and a half. A luckily I've done enough paying acting/stand up gigs that I make ends meet. Although there are the times where I literally just run out of money. Commercials do pay a lot, but not as much as most people think. Also, it runs out quick when you don't have a stuy income. I have a check right now that i haven't cashed. I don't know if or when the next one is coming. Once I cash it I have no more income.

Of course, it frees me up to go to auditions to create other opportunities for income. True indeed. But here's the thing about auditions: they're auditions. I might not get it. Statistically there's little chance of it. But while I'm running from audition to audition it leaves me little time to try to write and create stuff for myself. Like writing on this blog. Or writing a movie, TV show, stand up jokes.

I haven't watched TV in a long while. That's just because I'm out all day and when I get home (on average somewhere between 1-3am) I usually have to get to sleep depending if I have an early audition. I wake up and hour and a half early. Hour to get ready. 30 mins travel time. And I'm usually still late. I LOVE TV! Fuck you and whatever you think about that. But I haven't had time to watch it and that sucks. I'm paying for cable I should be able to put a few hours aside to watch it otherwise I'm paying for nothing! I want to watch Weeds dammit! Is that to much to ask?

6 comments:

Mo Diggs said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I am downloading weeds as we speak. Ironic right, watching weeds illegally.

Get some rest you jazz cigarette smoking finger poppin beatnik!

Anthony DeVito said...

As much as I hate my day job, when it's slow there at least I can write and come up with ideas, since I'm basically a prisoner from 9-5. So I can just make marks on the wall ticking off the days, or study hard and get a degree while I'm in the big house. Oh, and also sneak out for auditions.

See, no matter what situation we're in, we're never truly happy. I guess that's what makes us so damn funny!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being fearless enough to run out of money. I have always had a day job because I'm too afraid not to have one. And as you can see, I am utterly famous right now. Perhaps you've seen my commercial for Coke Zero Times Any Number Is Still Zero.

Anonymous said...

I fucking love WEEDS. Best show on right now. Good luck out there!

Frank Bell said...

glad to know someone else is living check by check haha, does it take two months for you to get paid as well? hope all is well bro!

Anonymous said...

Weeds is vile. It's so fucking racist, I can't believe people like it on this site. Oh well. I guess you could say the same about rap.